Thursday 5 September 2013

Little Slipware Face Cups




These were made a while back now, part of my throwing practice (better, but still pretty bad). Thought I may as well take them through a couple more phases and see if they ever make it through! They're purposely simple and a little sloppy, spirit not perfection. I don't spend too much time on stuff I'll only wreck with glaze and fire! Problem is I've grown attached to them sitting on the shelf watching me. I want to be able to use at least one! Gah!...pottery! I love it, but its not being good to me. It doesn't know that I never give up (yet!), but it will learn.

This is my favourite messy little face cup

4 comments:

  1. LOVE them! Ihope you can figure this glaze thing out, your pottery has wonderful personality and originality, you could have a successful etsy shop if you get all the stars lining up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those. I hope they ALL make it through the glaze kiln.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. We seem to have been having this same conversation for about 2 years now! I really just can't get past this final block. I'm going to start from scratch i think. New clay, make new glaze get my kiln converted and see where it all goes. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating this has all been. All those pots i could have made. Arrgghh. I'm really feeling the clay urge again though, so it's not a passing fad!

    Ron, I hope you get to make it over to the UK, all the kilns you want to see are a way away from me though. You could definitely find a smart way to fund that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep these guys. There's something neat about that group of little faces.

    ReplyDelete