The bisc firing seemed to all go ok. The kiln i was given obviously works just fine, pheww! Nothing exploded and died, but then i think we did take it slowly. next time I will fire it a bit quicker. The main issue is this second dial on my kiln sitter. I just can't quite get my head around it. I've done a lot of online searches and yet I've never seen a Dawson kiln sitter with this on! It's an LT-3KR... it's the 'R' that seems to be the rarity! ...obviously the model with this Heating dial thing. If any of you guys understand it let me know... or if you know someone that will. I think what we did was right, but I like to REALLY understand these things. Anyway, I'm very happy to have achieved this first firing, now things can really move forward. Now I need to get that glaze mixed... just need to go grab some more ball clay first. Happy, happy, happy. Never thought I'd ever see that thing get fired!!