Anyway, we got the base block work done and had the frames ready for the windows and doors. We were fortunate to have a 10ft wall at the end of the garden and a 5ft wall down one side, so that's practically the back and one side already done!
My parents came back a couple of weeks later to try and finish it off. We already had the windows from a salvage yard for £50 and a pair of doors, also for £50, so we were doing ok. It's not a huge structure, but 11ftx 8ft is decent for the size of our garden (this is not America!). We never got it finished, but they returned again last weekend and we just about finished it off. Just got to put some guttering to run into a water butt and a few little bits of trim to tidy it up.. Going to let it weather the new wood a bit then get going to hit it with some colour (decisions, decisions???) I'm hoping this little house at the end of the garden will help me engage a bit more with the bit inbetween it and the house... I can hope!
|First weekends work, clearing the site, block work and lower frame.|
Sadly we had to lose a rather grand fig tree to make way for it,
but it had so few figs.. and not great ones either, so i didn't feel so bad.
|Second weekend and the windows and door frame go in.|
|... and roof supports, roof boards and eventually doors (much cursing and re-hanging!)|
|Third weekend and the last bits of panelling and roof felting/flashing, plus additional glazing etc|
|Just about finished, guttering and a few odd bits to do. |
That's a cherry tree in front of it, pretty poor crop this year, it's normally loaded.
|inside is deceptively spacious, just need paint and a bit of tarting up. |
More on that large bottle cap man soon!
|There's a mains water pipe coming through the wall, so needs |
boxing in and making a bench seat along that wall.
|Side walls have the added glazing at the top for morning/evening light.|