Monday 11 February 2013

Sketches - A Starting Point



Thought I'd put up a few scribbles from my notebooks to show how these recent Folk Custom characters started out. I guess my mind kind of has a pretty good idea from the start! Working visually day in day out trains you well. i can often see the finished thing (pretty much) in my mind's eye before i pick up a pen/pencil. It's just a matter of capturing that and refining a few points, extra little ideas/touches etc. I guess, if anything, that's what I'm trying to undo these days. trying to find a way of having less of a fixed idea of the finished piece. To find a way where only a guide is laid down and then i can let the process take me along. It's certainly what I'm trying to figure out how to do with my 2D, illustration work. I haven't figured it out yet though! I'm still stuck in the direct 'think it, draw it, colour it' method. Anyway, I'll try and put a few more sketchy things up here if and when i think about them.

Whittlesea Straw Bear and Jack in The Green

The Earl of Rone... coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment