Friday 21 December 2012

Watch These Guys


Thought I'd share this with you guys, I'm reading a lot of tiny home/sustainable living blogs these days... something just strikes a chord (probably due to living in a big 'dripping' house!). Anyway i came across this lovely building project by a band i really like, Bowerbirds. They're building their own home and recording studio in North Carolina, also home to some of my good blogging friends! (Watch the video and if you have the money please help them out, it's a great and worthwhile project, they're doing a good thing).
You can read more about them and their project on their kickstarter page, it's worth a read. I hope they reach their target. Maybe some of you bloggers could add a link and help spread the word ; )
I'll no doubt come back to the subject of building your own homes, but if you haven't been there before head to Lloyd's blog, or Kent's... i need my little fix of these to get me through the weeks. I'm starting to dream....





They're not the only ones at it. There's also this little house built by two other creative talents, Kim and Jonny. They also have a band, Family Band and they self built this cabin in the Catskill Mountains. It's a beautiful house. They also have this, The Wild Unknown, where you can find more of their cabin and also lots of other cool stuff to buy etc. Please go check out some of their videos of other folk playing out at their cabin, and their secret forest parties. These guys like to share what they've got. I'd love to go to one of these gigs up on their lot. Very cool, very human.... am i just turning into an old hippy? Here's one of the videos of a secret forest party, featuring Phosphorescent... another great musician well worth checking out! Right, this post has taken way too long, with too many brilliant distractions along the road. Find yourself a good half an hour and go and explore, it will make your life just that little bit better.



SECRET FOREST PARTY - 2011 from the wild unknown on Vimeo.


3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. I see my daughter living like this one day. I Sit and ponder how to get rid of all my "stuff" and live like this, I'm just not there yet.... Great video though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I Tracey, i think it's the right way to live. It's all just got a bit too crazy, consumerism at it's tipping point. It's just finding the way to still make enough money, though minimizing your costs is a good place to start. I wish them all the best, i hope they get their kickstarter money. We have way too much stuff too, at least we're realising that it's starting to own us! some's got to go and we need to think about where we're heading. "2013, I'm just about ready for ya!"

      Delete
  2. ...and I'm glad you thought it was awesome Tracey, I thought so too. I hope someone else will also.

    ReplyDelete