Wednesday 9 March 2011

Klutz Drawing Book!!






Finally, my Mix and Match drawing book is out in the States! Have a look at it here at Klutz , there's even a little video if you scroll down and click on the film frame. I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'll probably even draw a few of the bits ( i guess i have an advantage there). Don't delay get your copy now!.. it's cheaper on Amazon, of course. I started this project about a year ago and finished working on it in September. I do find publishing schedules very frustrating, I'm very impatient. Another reason for holding off on children's picture books, i don't know how I'd handle the long, drawn out process. That's why editorial has suited me so well, quick ideas, quick turnover, move on. Anyway i'm so happy to finally see this hit the shelves, i hope it sells well. I'd also like to say a big THANKS to Stephanie at Klutz, who was a total pleasure to work with on this (then how could any of it not have been a pleasure). Stephanie also draws pretty well herself, sometimes i'd get changes sent back and i didn't realize it wasn't my own drawing! I've got some nice pieces of work from people in the office at Klutz having a go, but they're on my other computer, so i'll stick some more bits up tomorrow (i might even have lost them as my old computer died not long after... I've learnt about backing up regularly now... actually i haven't! i still have a hard drive in it's box next to the computer, i bought it about a month ago... yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Congratulations. I'll be ordering a copy. (That was a fun video,ha)

    ReplyDelete