Thursday 23 October 2014

Tattoo Triptych


I've been messing with these simpler, thicker pen drawings. School Run Dads included. Also looking at my old sketchbooks threw up some old ideas, which triggered a mini set of 8 so far, but there are many more. I just felt these three hung together best, mainly due to colour. Hell, the third one isn't even really an idea! I just made a drawing i liked. That's about all i'm asking for from my work at the minute! It's testing little paths to see which ones want to open to me. In the past these would have been a starting point for me to focus in on and draw up a little better. The bird tattoos would have all been drawn up. Not now. That's enough for just me. Commissions are a different beast, different expectations. I'm still not satisfied, but these kind of images are placating me... for the moment.




1 comment:

  1. that top design would make a knock out t-shirt design, well they all would really, but the top one especially so.

    ReplyDelete